Living an active lifestyle in this technology-oriented era requires an adequate rest to compete with the daily battles. Millions of people do not get enough sleep on a regular basis whenever the work deadlines pop up. According to the National Sleep Foundation, sleep is attributed to be one of the most vital elements for our physical health. Starting with healing and the repair of the heart and blood vessels, it can check high blood pressure, diabetes, depression as well as possibilities of stroke. This makes it incredibly important to maintain your wellbeing throughout your life.
Protect your physical and mental health, which has a direct association with the quality of life and personal safety by getting enough good quality sleep. A recent survey reports that more people tend to spend on an air mattress, which is an inflatable in nature, usually from vinyl, plastic, or rubber substance. It can be easily rolled up or folded to precisely stow away, offering you an ideal option for camping trips. If you have to make occasional bedding at home for guests then these act as a savior for extra beds. It does not even take up much space and you can roll back the mattresses and keep away when not in use.
We assume that relying on crazy glue or any duct tape won’t work, so let us discover essential manufacturing products that can resolve the issue related to leaking air mattresses and faulty sleeping pads. If you are you seeking to find the best-rated air mattress repair kit available, then you are in the right spot. Here in this article, we will discuss the importance of a repair kit and what options are at your nearest.
- 1 What Makes These Air Mattress Repair Kit Popular?
- 2 How To Fix A Leak In An Air Mattress?
- 2.1 Boxer Adhesives Vinyl Waterbed & Air Mattress Repair Kit
- 2.2 Sevylor Repair Patch
- 2.3 Seam Grip Repair Kit
- 2.4 Intex Repair Kit
- 2.5 Happy GiftMart Intex Repair Kit
- 2.6 Coghlan’s Airstop Sealant
- 2.7 Tear-Aid Air Mattress Repair Kit
- 2.8 Therm-a-Rest Universal Repair Kit
- 2.9 Blue Magic Vinyl Repair Kit
- 2.10 Tenacious Tape Black Repair Tape
- 3 Winding Up
What Makes These Air Mattress Repair Kit Popular?
Before you get your hands on the air mattress repair kit, let us get to know what gets them highly recommended. Most of the patches available in the market are not designed to work specifically on the vinyl material that works to create air mattresses. Vinyl comprises of oils that are finally meant to get to the work as an adhesive, but lower quality patches fail to do their job and ultimately break down. Every time you move on these mattresses, the patches are starts to stretching and with time air leaking space develops.
This is where the air mattresses mentioned in the next section, come at the forefront among all the others. It’s time for a good night’s sleep with these amazing air mattress repair kit, available on the vast e-commerce platform. Choose the one that you require according to your own needs and demands and get over those sleepless nights.
Let’s Find The Leak: Universal Prep Steps
We all know that each and every air mattress irrespective of its model and company tend to lose air naturally and gradually. Before you decide to strip off the covers of your air mattress in order to search for the faulty holes, let us check how to fix an air mattress leak. Without getting the mattress wet, you can use a space heater by the mattress or naturally re-inflate your mattress to see if you have a leak or not. No air mattress holds air indefinitely, often the cold air causes your mattress to shrink, which you might mistake for a leak. Additionally, do not get alarmed if they feel soft shortly, for the first time, after you inflate them. Relax and sit back as they will quickly adapt.
However, if, even after a few hours, the mattress is seriously deflated, then you unmistakably have a leak issue. After you inflate a mattress, it should not sink deeper than 1-2 inches under the pressure of your weight. To arrive at a result, keep your mattress inflated overnight. You can decide to try to put some weight over it. If it is more than a little deflated after 4-5 hours, the mattress has a leak. Re-inflate your mattress before you begin searching for the precise location. The higher the air pressure inside the mattress, the easier it gets to mark the leak.
Additionally, Ways To Locate The Problem
Another way to mark the leak is to wet the back of your hand and try to find the air escaping from the mattress. As the water evaporates, it will be making your hand feel cool. This is the most effective way to identify small leaks. You can also use soapy water to search for bubbles, which is considered one of the best ways to find a leak. It operates just like blowing bubbles. A thin layer of bubbly water will get created inside the mattress and through the leaky hole water will flow out, exposing the leak. As soon as you find the source of the leak, at once mark it with a piece of tape. You can patch the mattress right away without having to wait for it to dry with air mattress repair kit.
How To Fix A Leak In An Air Mattress?
There are various patch kits available for patching an air mattress leak. These small, cheap sets contain glue, sandpaper, and patches to repair al leaks at your home. Recently, many companies have dedicated air mattress repair kits, that contain a fabric patch and an adhesive are some of the must-haves if you are one of those who loves camping. With an air mattress patch kit, you do not have to worry about throwing out your air mattress, everytime it gets damaged. Let us have a look at the highest rated fixing kits.
Boxer Adhesives Vinyl Waterbed & Air Mattress Repair Kit
At just a few bucks this is considered to be a cheap deal. The repair process is more than easy. You just have to find the leak, cut a piece of the vinyl provided along with the kit and fit it to the leak by using the glue. You will note that the mattress is good to go in just a few hours. For small pinholes and punctures, all you need to do is drop a few drops of the adhesive to the hole in your air mattress and allow it to do a magical job. You will get a powerful adhesive tool that works well with all inflatable mattresses, as well as other waterbed accessories, inflatable objects. The pack contains a tube of professional-quality glue and for patching the mattress, about 21 square inches of vinyl.
- This product comes along with a tube adhesive plus extra patching vinyl to support you through the repair process.
- The adhesive dries quickly and does not require any extra effort.
- The kit works best for all kind of waterbed, pool, tube, inflatable material.
- It is highly important to mark that one must not use or store the adhesive near heat or flame.
- In case of eye contact, get medical attention immediately.
- The glue contains methyl ethyl ketone so one must avoid prolonged breathing of vapors.
Sevylor Repair Patch
You do not need anything fancy to work while employing Sevylor Repair Patch. Simply you need to deflate the air mattress, clean the leaking area and dry the inflatable. Then, apply the patch that comes along with this pack and viola your mattress is ready to be used all over again. Be it a large patch or piercing holes, all are mendable through this wonderful repair patch that makes your air mattress work just like new. The kit comes along with one vinyl sheet, one Boston valve, two small and two large push-in plugs, one universal inflation fittings glue tube, that is formulated especially for use with PVC inflatables.
- A pressure-sensitive 3M™ adhesive that works for tears up to 1 inch in length.
- The kit works on lake floats, air mattresses and, many other objects.
- It is a giant square patch of vinyl and you might end up wasting a good amount of the product if you have to cut out circles.
Seam Grip Repair Kit
All your air mattress are subjected to rough conditions when you are out in a camp. It can end up with rips, tears, and holes and this is where Seam Grip WP Field Repair Kit acts to make a permanent, fast repair. The effect of using this kit lasts pretty much forever. So, keep the adventure going by investing in this lightweight, compact Field Repair Kit.
If you tend to make the repair at home then, after locating the leak, fill up the air mattress with air. Spray water on a small section of the mattress in order to clean it, then apply a thin layer of Seam Grip over the leak and allow to dry flat. Keep it untouched for 12 hours and get to ready to receive a new like mattress. Boxed in each kit is a ¼ oz. tube of Seam Grip WP repair adhesive, two Tenacious Tape repair patches, an application brush, and a repair guide.
- This repair adhesive is ideal for home repairs.
- You can repair the spots that demand larger air mattresses space.
- Blow-up beds’ leaks or cuts can be resolved with ease.
- Permanent, flexible and waterproof will typically outlast the material.
- Safety is maintained while using on natural and synthetic fabrics.
- The main problem is that it does not keep up to its name that is ‘repair almost anything’.
- Certain materials such as waterproof laminates and neoprene are not mended appropriately as proclaimed.
Intex Repair Kit
This is a repair patch that is manufactured to resolve matters regarding any inflatable product that needs to repair. Be it a cut on your PVC inflatables or random tear, use this repair patch from Intex and prevent the thought of throwing away the mattress. At first, you have to clean the repair area thoroughly and then, cut a patch provided along with the kit.
Additionally, you must remove the paper backing. Now, place the patch over the hole and firmly press down. Keep the air mattress deflated for about 30 minutes and allow the adhesive to bond appropriately. With each passing hours, the adhesive tightens and the bond improves. The repair kit includes 21 square inches of a vinyl sheet along with ⅕ oz. tube of vinyl cement
- Easy to use and specifically designed to repair inflatable toys and small pools.
- It will not allow you to complain about the price which is just a few bucks.
- Only large patches can get a fix and any kind of holes are overlooked by this product.
- It does not stretch much so one needs to monitor the inflation amount.
Happy GiftMart Intex Repair Kit
Designed specifically for repairing tubes, swimming pools, and many other vinyl products. The Intex Pool Patch Kit ensures you are ready in case any inflatable be it air mattress, and floating toys call for repairs. The kit includes one tube of vinyl cement and a vinyl patch along with an ‘instruction for use’ manual.
- This kit comes handy for quick fixes be it at home or be it on the field.
- It can repair a leak in any vinyl inflatable mattresses within 4-5 hours.
- The best possession for the children as the manufactures abide by mandating safety rules.
- If you do not go through the proper steps then, within a week, the plastic can come out and you have to do the whole thing all over again.
- It is a part of an expensive superglue range.
Coghlan’s Airstop Sealant
This adhesive does a wonderful job by creating a firm permanent seal on any PVC material, such as air mattresses, pool toys or rafts. One can completely trust Coghlan’s Airstop Sealant in case of any accidental tear while camping or boating trips. Start by applying a layer every few minutes and at the same time keep the fan blowing for adequate ventilation. Leave it to dry overnight and the next morning meet the moment of truth. Your mattress will be good to go for the second innings. The kit comes along with one 0.27-Ounce adhesive glue.
- A super affordable adhesive tube which is not more than 8 ml is more than enough for all your patching needs.
- Small enough to always keep handy in a toolbox and fits into all sizes of pockets.
- This patch kit can repair all PVC material and coated material including rayon and nylon.
- Friction probably can make any patch difficult to maintain, as it dries up eventually.
- Use this air mattress repair kit, only in a well-ventilated area.
- And if comes in contact with your eyes, the situation requires immediate medical attention.
Tear-Aid Air Mattress Repair Kit
Tear-Aid has designed a patch that serves all vinyl based purposes. Along with that, it has elastic qualities that restrain it from coming off the tear. Now, you can roll over the mattress without any worry when not in use.
This repair package can be used on almost anything, providing a manageable, airtight, puncture-resistant patch that is also waterproof. You get to choose from two types of Tear-Aids: Type A and Type B. Type B take the responsibility to present you with a repair kit applicable on vinyl products only.
On the other hand, Type A repair kit works on a variety of materials, like acrylic, aluminum, fabrics, leather, neoprene, nylon, plastics and many more to add to the list. If you have a tear on your air mattress, lightly scuff the surface with a razor and clean with ethanol. This will prepare the sleeping pad before employing the patch. Put the patch in the required area and wait for a day, the glue will do its job.
The kit comes in a box with three Tear-Aid Patches that are of various sizes that cut easily with scissors. Additionally, you get one 12 inch Reinforcement Filament for repairing tears at edges, Alcohol Prep Pads, and Illustrated Instructions manual.
- The glue is solid so ensures that it won’t run all over the place while it is in use.
- An excellent protective film solution with instant adhesion that requires no sewing.
- Vinyl that is too oily in nature tends to absorb this adhesive which causes the adhesive to turn gooey which ultimately loosen the bond.
Therm-a-Rest Universal Repair Kit
One of the most durable repair option which comes along with a 4-hour cure time. This repair kit contains two type-A patches made of vinyl, an alcohol cleaning wipe, and two pouches of adhesive. This is a very effective kit and you need to use it according to the directions in the manual.
- It is the best choice for repairing a larger tear.
- Now, you can patch the puncture and this repair kit does not depend on the model of the air mattress.
- This product has toxic elements and can expose you to toluene.
- The adhesives require some amount of heat in order to activate it.
- The patching process is rather complicated than other repair kits.
Blue Magic Vinyl Repair Kit
It is considered one of the top rated repair kits on the market. No matter how you use it, this product gets the job done without having to send a lump sum amount. This kit particularly ensures that your air mattress or other inflatable gets eliminated from all sort of damages. The kit contains 2.4 ounces adhesive, which is specially designed for waterbed vinyl products.
- The adhesive proclaims to dry in less than five minutes.
- An extremely affordable piece that tries to maintain an impressively less downtime.
- It proves to be optimal for all your situation and can be used by all ages.
- Perfect fix for a small patch or any size of air escaping space.
- The directions are not specific on how much adhesive to use in a tearing of the vinyl material.
- Excess glue soaks the patch completely and it starts to curl like a potato peel.
Tenacious Tape Black Repair Tape
A repair tape that fixes rips, holes, and gashes in all types of inflatable items. Primarily, it is designed for air mattresses and stays for a prolonged time without leaving any sticky mess. With this kit, you can achieve that extra piece of mind for all your camping gears. Starting from sleeping bags and pads, tents, clothing, vinyl rafts this adhesive can fix more or less anything.
It comes along with 3″ x 20″ rolls and a variety of colors to choose from, clear, black nylon, dark blue nylon, sage green ripstop and platinum white ripstop.
- You never have to go back to gooey duct tapes.
- The kit comes along with versatile benefits and that too at a pocket pinch.
- Lightweight and compact that easily fits in your pockets.
- Along with excessive use, the tape slowly comes out, revealing the air spaces of the mattress or an inflatable object.
While utilizing any type of repair kits for air mattresses you must completely deflate the mattress. Nobody wants to get any air under your patch and ruin the glue, so, let all the air out the mattress before you continue. Here is a joint effort to list all the effective air mattress repair kits on the market. These are just meant for you to deploy in case of any issues and that too at a modest price. These kits promise to offer years of restful nights and on top of that, you do not have to worry about spending all night trying to sew up a hole. Furthermore, these also make great gifts for your camping freak friend or for one of those relatives, if you have one, who is in a move all the time to visit the relatives all the year round.